Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm ready.

It's sort of strange.  The passed few months leading up to tonight, I've worried about everything from whether I actually speak enough Japanese to do well at Toyo University to worrying about if people will make fun of my because of my weight.  I even spent a few hours one night worrying that Toyo would turn out to be some sort of crazy international organ stealing organ stealing organization.  I had decided that when I got to my dorm, I would be drugged and harvested and ... well, the fear gets too silly for me to finish it.

In the span of the last three days, everything has changed.  All of my silly fears are gone and replaced with this resolve that up until now I feared I was incapable of.  I truly feel ready.  I am still somewhat afraid that gremlins will destroy the wing of the airplane as I watch, helpless, from the cabin, but I think I will quash that fear with dramamine.  I have brought enough for the entirety of the trip from Dallas to Narita.

Tomorrow, I will be posting from my dorm in Tokyo.  I intend to take a bazillion photos of everything from my departure to my arrival at my dorm.  I'm pretty sure that I can't post a bazillion pictures on here, so I will likely force everyone who wants to see the pictures to go over to facebook and see them there.

It's now 1:00 A.M. so I will try to squeeze in a few hours of sleep before my big day tomorrow.  Bye!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Dustyn-san, I'm so glad to have an honor of the first to post a comment here!
    Take it easy! Bon Voyage! I'm looking forward to seeing you and your pictures. I won't be in IPO tomorrow, Sept. 8, but I'll be there on 9th. See you then!
    Kunio Nishimura

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you. Can't wait till next week to come visit you. Tokyo Game Show 2010 here we come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck bud! We'll miss you around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leaving, on a jet plane... don't know, when you'll be back again.

    You know, when I went to Asia I came back with both of my kidneys plus a new one that I got from this guy at a store called Triads, he was really nice. We actually got to play fight, did some knife sparring for a while, and he kept pointing his knife at my back saying "kids knee, kids knee" with this Kung Fu angry look (he really knew how to play his part, I bet he got a raise). Well I of course thought this must be how they haggle in China, so after awhile I helped him out and took his kidney and left him a couple of U.S. dollars (probably fed his family for like a month). Now if Japan is anything like China (and its probably not), you do have to be careful, I had a couple of people trying to sell me Tiger's Penis on the street cornders(I thought about getting one for one of our friends... I won't say who). So all in all, I expect you'll come out of this experience with both of your kidneys, some great experience points, a Masamune or something kewl like that, an awesome Japanese schoolgirl outfit, and a fetish for Tiger's Penis and fried Twinkies (I saw it on Anthony Bourdain). You might want to avoid the Triad store however, I've realized that that might be a rough shopping experience for your average person... so odd. Have phun!

    ReplyDelete