Thursday, September 23, 2010

Boo for Studying.

I strongly dislike studying.  I won't say "hate."  I feel like "strongly dislike" carries about as much weight as I feel on the subject.  In almost all situations, if my brain can find a use for something, it doesn't get rid of it: it just ties it to whatever can use it and then when I need it, it comes out.  For some reason, with my Japanese, it's not working like it should.  I mean, sometimes I have it but sometimes I don't.  Also, I managed to forget a million words over the summer.  I'm sure that I'll do fine here, but I just hate having to test into a class.  It's especially frustrating because I know there are going to be things that I know that they won't ask and things they ask that I don't know.  There is no reasonable way for me to prepare for the test.  I just don't want to end up in the beginner's class.

It rained crazy hard all day today and we finished the day with the temperature the lowest I've seen it here.  I think it's just below 70 degrees and it feels way colder than it should.  My stomach has hurt all day and at first I thought it was just too much curry, but now I'm thinking maybe it's some sort of flu.  That would explain the feeling cold when it's not really cold and the stomach pains.  Then again, with all of this stress from the placement test, maybe I'm just tired.  That's probably it.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you didn't give me the flu! :P We'll have to hit up all the cool bars in that book.

    And 頑張って!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stressing can make you more likely to get sick. I thought that you studied over the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not really. I tried a few times, but didn't really stick to it.

    ReplyDelete