Saturday, August 28, 2010

it's the final countdown

The four people that read this now have a song stuck in their had that will never leave.  I also have that song lodged in my brain.  Such is the price of making such a clever and witty title.  Maybe I'm the only one, but does it feel like a song that is in your head isn't really in your head?  To me, it feels like the song is flying around my head like some electrons circling my brain nucleus.  It's a subtle difference, but it's there.

Anyway, it is now 10 days til I leave for Japan.  Almost exactly 10 days, as I write this.  I have my plane ticket, all my papers filled out and signed, all my friends said bye to me, and I just realized that I haven't photo-copied my important information to hand out to my trusted peoples to hope they don't steal.  I mean, that's practically done.

I wish I knew someone else who had studied abroad.  I have to think that I'm the only person in this situation who stays up all night, too excited to sleep.  I would just feel better if someone else was going through the same mix of insomnia and narcolepsy that has been plaguing me for the last couple weeks.  To be honest, it really isn't that bad.  I did fall asleep and bite my tongue at the same time a week ago.  That was cool.  I had a dream that I had burned my tongue horribly and therefore could not eat or speak.  When I woke up, I was upset to find that my tongue hurt just like it did in my dream.  Maybe I should invest in some ambien.


I'm not real sure why I'm writing this post other than to tell the 5 of you who read this(or say you do) that I may actually post something worth reading soon!  Also, it's late and I thought maybe writing would make me sleepy.

My eyes are starting to droop, so I'm going to see where this takes me.

4 comments:

  1. Dutstyn,
    I am getting so excited so for you as well. So how bout a little info while we wait in anticipation for your departure...
    Why Japan? Exactly what do you hope to gain by this trip? What is the first thing you want to see when you arrive? What exactly are you studying out there?
    Honestly you dont have to answer any of these I just had a little insomnia myself tonight and was passing time! (But I am intriguied) : )
    I love you kid and hope you have the time of your life! : )
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurry up and leave already and start mailing me cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ( >. < ) GAH! I didn't read the title at first and then regretted the moment I did because now it will be stuck in my head forever.

    It was witty though. (n n )b

    ReplyDelete