Saturday, October 2, 2010

I need a hero.

It's starting to be difficult to write in here every day.  I'm starting to wonder if I should just go ahead and only write when I have time to write something provocative or hilarious.  Probably not.  I'm afraid that if I stop writing every day, I'll stop writing at all and that wouldn't be good.  If I had my iphone, I could just write in that throughout the day and then send it.  That would be pretty neat, but those capabilities are far beyond my current skill set.  I could carry a little notebook and then keep track of what I want to say and then type it up when I get home, but that's more analog than I think I'm comfortable with.  Notebooks don't have touch screens.

I spent a great deal of time in Akihabara today.  I love that place.  So many lights and video games and girls in awesome outfits.  I know that last is a sentence fragment, but I'm trying to keep this conversational and this is definitely a sentence I would use.  I went with Billy, Christine, and Sarah.  We stayed until around eight, so it was dark when we left.  As we were nearing the subway station, we heard what sounded like J pop coming from this parking lot.  That happens a lot in Akihabara.  This time though, the J pop was being performed live by a bunch of girls dressed as maids wearing samurai swords.  They were on this huge dual layer stage singing this adorable song and doing a cute little dance together.  It was pretty incredible.  I couldn't understand all of it, but the song was about how people come to Akihabara to see the maids and the samurai.  The next girl sang this song, except Japanese.  It was epic.  I teared up a little.  I had actually made a Johnny 5 joke earlier and so I thought it doubly awesome that someone should sing a Japanese version of this song so soon after.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep.  Maybe I'll type something before I'm so tired that I am only keeping one eye open while I type tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Shrek used that song also!!!!!!Shrek 2 I believe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should blog every day. You'll be glad to have it in a year when you want to look back on your time in Japan. Even if its a "I woke up, went to school, did nothing" kind of day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the everyday blogging :) I need my Dustyn crack :)

    ReplyDelete