Monday, October 11, 2010

Sleep is for suckers.

I once again managed to stay up until almost 2:00 a.m.  Not for any really good reason, either.  I was just screwing around on facebook.  This time, I didn't have any trouble throughout the day.  I did all my school stuff alright.  I answered questions.  I even figured out how to say that I loved to bring death to my enemies in Japanese:  死ぬことを敵に持ってくるのが大好きだ。  I was told my my friend Ryota that the sentence is technically correct but doesn't make sense, but that's fine with me.  I'm all about trying to find ludicrous ways to make sentences work.  I don't work for Japanese; Japanese works for me, as they say.

I'm made to believe that we have a test over particles tomorrow.  We took a pretest about it today and I got all of the easy ones right.  I'm hoping that I can improve my record by tomorrow, so I don't look completely stupid.  I will say that I noticed that for all the ones I missed, I heard sighs and eraser noises from everyone else, as well.  I don't usually measure myself using the status quo as a standard, but I feel like it's alright in this situation.  I am, after all, still somewhat of an intruder in their class.  I hope that as the semester progresses, I will feel less and less like an intruder and more accepted.  Maybe if I completely destroy on this test, I can feel like I am at least on par with the others.  I really need to regain some confidence so I can go back to setting my own standards instead of using those of my classmates.

I have decided that I am going to keep all of the flashcard rings that I make throughout the semester and turn them into a sort of grotesque trophy necklace which the headhunters in some, probably imaginary, tribe might wear.  If the next vocabulary lists are anything like the passed few vocabulary lists that I have gotten, I can imagine this trophy necklace will be more of a belt or maybe Christmas tree decoration.  Maybe I can get it enchanted and use it to tether some sort of rogue diety after I have bested him in battle.  I suppose that I should also be saving my eraser shavings, as well.  I'll need them as ingredients for the enchantment.

There is currently a rumor going around that we are getting our books(finally) tomorrow.  I can't say whether or not this rumor is true because I am the one that started it and I was actually told that we were supposed to go back and ask about our books tomorrow and not made any guarantees.  I just felt like that news was boring, so I spruced it up a bit and took my name off of it.  It just seemed like the thing to do at the time.

I can't remember what I wrote about last time and I am currently lacking the will to read over it, but I'm assuming it was something about being frustrated about my lack of communication skills at Theo's party. I have decided that, in order to remedy this situation, I will drink no less than one half of one bottle of hard liquor at the next social gathering.  Since I am apparently incapable of conquering my social awkwardness through willpower, I am going to drink a little bit of liquid courage and maybe that will get things rolling.  I'm convinced that I just need a little bit of social momentum and I'll be golden. I've already gotten to where I am fairly comfortable around several of the people in the building, so surely, if my social situation is properly lubricated, I will be able to become a dynamo.

I need to learn how to say "Dynamo" in Japanese.

2 comments:

  1. I once had this friend Dustyn that made fun of me for never calling him, even though I got FU buttoned by him the day before.

    I wanted to send that to you in a text, however, I don't know if texts from me will cost you a million dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you afraid of people? I'm just curious. It seems to me like if they were mean to you then you could probably knock 'em around pretty easily...
    So does that mean that alcohol is kind of like your enabler? Also, if this plan you have concocted works than you will have to try this at the next social gathering in America because getting invited to a party then sitting on someone's couch sleeping is a little weird. ^_^

    ReplyDelete